Manavi accepts both Indian and Western clothing donations from the community for South Asian Women survivors of violence. Through these donations Manavi empowers, encourages, and inspires women to take charge of their life. The standards and quality of clothing are critically important as we deal with the image, confidence, and self-esteem of our survivors. They also benefit from donated clothes for job interviews, court appointments etc. Therefore, we cannot accept poor quality, wrinkled, stained and unwashed clothing. We will be happy to receive new or gently used clothing and other items.
All clothing must be cleaned and ironed.
Clothing Donation Guidelines:
- Salwar Kameez- Pack the Salwar Kameez and Dupatta/Chunni in a ziploc bag and label them according to size such as S/M/L
- Saree- Fold nicely and pack in a ziploc bag
- Saree- Only NEW blouses and petticoats will be accepted
- Kurti- Pack in a ziploc bag and label with size
- Suits (Skirt/Trousers)
- No rips or tears
- No buttons missing
- No stains
- Both Sleeves or Sleeve-less (to wear under cardigan, suit or blazer)
- Clean -(no perspiration stains)
- Flats or heels (any size)
- Tote bag
- Office appropriate
Please follow our guidelines above. We will check all donations when you drop them off. If they do not meet our guidelines, we will return them to you. Thank you for understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What Should I do if I want to make an in-kind donation?
Please Call the office at 732-435-1414 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What are your office hours?
The office is opened from Monday- Friday from 9am-5pm.
3. Do you do pickups?
Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to pick up donations. All donations must be dropped off at our New Brunswick office.
4. Is there parking available?
There is street parking available near the office, but there's no guarantee you'll find an empty spot as we are located in a busy area. There is paid parking available in the area (Church Street parking garage and Hyatt parking garage). The best option is to notify us of your arrival so we can have a staff member waiting outside the office to collect the donations It’s a better idea to call us at 732-435-1414 before coming. One of our staff members could collect it from you in front of our office building.
If you are interested in donating clothes, please call the office at (732) 435-1414 (between 9:00am-5:00pm) or email us at email@example.com
Hotline: 1(732) 435-1414
An Organization for South Asian Women